Sunday, October 13, 2013

Should You Print Your Album?



     Music blogger/vlogger Anthony Fantano made an interesting video seemingly addressing small artists and whether or not they should physically print their music. I think it's worth a watch, since it's a short video which not only addresses the question of whether a musician should print their albums, but also looks at how the music industry has changed, even within my lifetime. Personally, as a consumer, I prefer buying used CDs on Amazon if I'm buying an album that's been out for awhile, or buying CD's from the artists' websites if they're new, but in truth I'm not too picky about where or in what form I buy my music. I buy music digitally from ITunes, Bandcamp or Amazon's digital marketplace, as well as buying physical CDs from Amazon, Best Buy, artists' websites or even at concerts. If I can get my hands on a physical version of an album I like to, but to me it's not essential. However, I do feel like it is essential to buy music as opposed to pirating it, and I plan on writing a post about piracy and why I am so adamantly opposed to it in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment